Join Our Team!
Urban Petals is looking to expand our team. We are seeking highly committed individuals who care deeply about the core values of Urban Petals, are dedicated to partnering with us to execute our Clients’ visions with a professional and kind spirit, are willing to grow both personally and professionally, and adapt with the ever-changing climate of the event industry.
Applications will be accepted through March 10, 2018. Positions will begin April 1, 2018.
Urban Petals is looking for an energetic, kind individual who is detailed oriented with at least two years of floral design experience in event work. Urban Petals is an event-based business (not retail) so therefore our work schedule ebbs and flows. This part-time position is well suited for an individual who has a flexible schedule but must be available Wednesday-Saturday, as needed.
Other requirements include:
- Expert problem solver
- ADORES flowers
- Can lift at least 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Displays flexibility in a changing environment and industry
- Has a great sense of humor
- Gracious and good at following instructions
- Extremely organized
- Can climb and work on a ladder
- Bachelors degree is preferred
- Can replicate floral designs
- Innovative, creative perspective
If you are interested in this part-time, hourly position, please follow these instructions for applying:
- Submit a portfolio of your best work with 10-15 images that include the following: bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, boutonniere, wrist corsage, pin-on corsage, low arrangement, elevated arrangement, non-floral centerpiece, and a floral installation. These images should be submitted in either a pdf format attached to your email or as a Pinterest Board with a link included in your email (please be sure to add Urban Petals as a collaborator).
- Email #1 along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a cover letter telling us about yourself, why you think you would be a good fit at Urban Petals, and your pay requirements.
Freelance Floral Designer
Urban Petals is looking for Floral Designers who are interested in freelance designing for us throughout the 2018 season. If you are an experienced designer, love to travel, and are interested in working with us this year, please send us an email at email@example.com along wit a link to your portfolio. All Freelance Floral Designer contracts will be discussed on an individual basis.
Administrative / Studio Assistant
Urban Petals hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant / Studio Assistant. The following is a brief overview of the responsibilities but is not limited to the duties listed below. The hours of this position will vary on a weekly basis based on the event schedule; however, the core hours will center around a 20-30 hour week schedule Tuesday – Saturday. If an event falls on a Sunday or Holiday, the hours may need to shift or expand.
Skills, Experience, Education
- Event planning and execution
- Event bookkeeping, expense tracking (data input) and management
- Marketing and PR
- General office experience
- Sales experience
- Floral design experience preferred but not required
- Bachelors degree Business or Communications preferred
Core Traits (listed in no specific order)
- Detail oriented and conscious
- Willing attitude to learn, be taught, understand and execute decisions from a different perspective
- Professional in appearance, personality, and perspective
- People & relationship oriented
- Quick learner
- Ability to recognize the bigger picture and analyze into practical applications
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word)
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities (including but not limited)
- Anticipate, help plan and manage workload
- Attend walk-throughs
- File management and organization
- repare for upcoming Client meetings
- Assist with marketing and planning
- Errands as needed
Studio Assistant Responsibilities (including but not limited)
- Keep studio clean and organized
- Supplies stocked
- Day-of Events: packing, loading, vehicle preparation, staffing, and day-of schedule
- Assist with flower orders, processing, sorting, cooler cleaning
- Pull props and inventory for events
- General studio cleaning as needed: Clean buckets, vases as needed, trash runs
- Assist with Workshops as needed
- Help design as needed (training available)
If you are you interested in this part-time position, please email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urban Petals is looking to hire strong individuals to join our event crew. This position involves assisting the design staff with set-up and tear-down on event days. Applicant must have a clean driving record, be able to lift and carry at least fifty pounds, work quickly, efficiently, and be professional in time-sensitive situations. Event days consist of loading vehicles with flowers, hard goods, equipment, supplies, etc. and supporting design staff in various ways. After the event is over, the event crew will assist in breaking down the event late at night, collecting flower arrangements and Urban Petals’ rental items, package them up, and transport items back to the studio. Pay is $10/hour.
If you are you interested in this part-time, hourly position, please email your resume to email@example.com.